Rendez-Vous 2017 Tall Ships Regatta
Organised by Sail Training International
in association with Le Rendez-Vous Naval de Quebec
The Rendez-Vous 2017 Tall Ships Regatta is truly the
adventure of a lifetime. Sailing in the wake of the great explorers, you
could be travelling 7,000 nautical miles across the Atlantic, visiting
seven different countries, and taking part in five races. Or at least some
The event celebrates the 150th anniversary of the Canadian
Confederation through its founders and founding provinces, which is a
unique chance to commemorate the rich history of sailing in Canada and
around the world.
Up to 40 vessels will be crossing the North
Atlantic Ocean and you could be on one of them – we anticipate that
around 3,000 trainees will take part.
Depending on how much time you have, you can chose to:
- Sail in the whole Transatlantic event from the UK, to Portugal, Bermuda, USA, Canada, and France.
- Take part in individual race legs between countries.
- Take part in a leg of one of the four Guest Port Programmes (keep reading to find out more).
- Torbay, UK, Start Line (Race Start Partner) Wednesday 19 April
(48 hour stop-over in Las Palmas, Canary Islands) Monday 1 May
Thursday 1 June to Monday 5 June
Southern Gulf Friday 30 June to Monday 3 July
Northern Gulf Friday 7 July to Sunday 9 July
St Lawrence River Ports Friday 14 July to Sunday 16 July
Great Lakes Flotilla Friday 30 June to Monday 17 July
Outport Programme Saturday 29 July to Sunday 20 August
THE GUEST PORTS PROGRAMMES
Rendez-Vous 2017 Tall Ships Regatta Guest Ports Programme is an
opportunity to sample the hospitality of over 31 different and beautiful
Canadian guest ports in the region.
Far away from the high energy
of racing and four-day host city festivities, it's a chance for vessels
to enjoy a pre-planned 48-hour stop-over, or longer, in order to sample
the diversity of maritime heritage and different cultures that each
Canadian guest port has to offer.
Crews will have the chance to
explore the beautiful maritime provinces of Newfoundland, Nova Scotia,
Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick, as well as the provinces of
Quebec and Ontario. Plus, take advantage of a programme of events and
crew facilities which will be provided in each port.
- Friday 30 June-Sunday 2 July 2017: Charlottetown, Summerside, Pictou, Caraquet, Port Hawkesbury, Pugwash
- Friday 7 July-Sunday 9 July 2017: Miramichi, Havre-Saint-Pierre, Sept Ȋles, Sainte-Anne-des-Monts, Carlteton-sur-Mer, Gaspé, Ȋles de la Madeliene
- Friday 14 July-Sunday 16 July 2017: Baie-Comeau, Rimouski, Saguenay, Tadoussac
- Friday 30 June-Sunday 2 July 2017: Hamilton
- Friday 7 July-Sunday 9 July 2017: Bath
- Friday 14 July-Sunday 16 July 2017: Bécancour, Sorel-Tracy, Trois-Rivières
- Saturday 29 July-Monday 31 July 2017: Norris Point, Corner Brook
- Friday 4 August-Sunday 6 August 2017: Sydney, Saint Peters, Louisbourg
- Thursday 10 August-Saturday 12 August 2017: Lunenburg
- Monday 14 August-Tuesday 15 August 2017: Shelburne
- Tuesday 15 August-Wednesday 16 August 2017: Digby
- Wednesday 16 August 2017: Annapolis Royal (sail past)
- Friday 18 August-Sunday 20 August 2017: Saint-John
information on the vessels taking part in the Guest Ports Programme,
visit each Guest Port page. Participating vessels will be announced
Sail Training International is working in partnership with the City of Québec, in association with Le Rendez-Vous Naval de Québec.
Visit RDV2017.com for more information.
If you want to take part in the Rendez-Vous 2017 Tall Ships Regatta, or the Guest Ports Programme, visit our event page
You can find out all you need to know about getting involved with sail training by visiting our new website www.sailonboard.com