The Rendez-Vous 2017 Tall Ships Regatta, offers content for every type of media outlet – print, digital and broadcast. From ship news and race coverage, to international human interest features and colourful action spectacles.
- unique and spectacular video and photo opportunities
- opportunities to sail on a Tall Ship
- unusual interview and story opportunities
- a chance to follow race progress online via on board satellite tracking system ‘Yellow Brick’ and daily media reports
Online photo library
The magnificent Tall Ships fleet and popular port events provide a never-ending stream of film and photographic opportunities.
Our online photo library
has great images from past events, as well as pictures of the ships who attend and the young trainees who sailed on them.
Sign up to be able to browse our collection of hundreds of great images, all available for free download in high resolution.
You can access the photo library here
To download the images go to ‘media registration’ on the left hand side, agree to the terms and conditions, fill in the online form and click ‘register’ You can then browse the library and select images.
Other photos and videos
If you are looking for a particular image or video footage, before the event call +44(0)23 9258 6367 or email: email@example.com
The media centres in each port can provide photo and video materials in different formats during the event.
A comprehensive image archive of past Tall Ships events can be found here
Our news archive, covering all Sail Training International news from 2010 - October 2016, can be found here
Some Tall Ships in the fleet will offer a limited number of discounted berth spaces to accommodate media onboard during the races and cruise in company.
Media berths give journalists a fantastic and unrivalled opportunity to experience a Tall Ships Regatta first hand, learn about daily life on board, get closer to the trainee human interest stories and feed back reports as the race excitement unfolds.
To discuss a berth place contact:
Sally Titmus, Director of Marketing and Communications,
Gosport, Hampshire, UK
Office number: +44 (0)23 9258 6367
Mobile: +44 (0)7827 298 733
Stories and photo/film opportunities
- Follow the progress of trainees from a range of nationalities and backgrounds, to see how the experience of sail training changes people lives.
- Photo and filming opportunities at sea aboard a press boat, during the Parade of Sail in each port.
- Watch Tall Ship crews assemble in fancy dress and march in a colourful Crew Parade
- Photo opportunities with trainee representatives of all nationalities
- Interviews and photo opportunities with bursary winners and prize winners in each port
- Join in a ‘press tour’ of the vessels to hear about their history and interview Captains
- Enjoy a behind the scenes Tall Ship tour of the ship galleys and living quarters
- Follow race leg progress online via the Yellow Brick satellite tracking system and daily media reports.
- Interview local country representatives, the STI Race Director or Chairman, and often celebrities aboard the deck of a Tall Ship.
Each host port will organise a limited number of press boats to take photographers and film crews out to sea.
If you are interested in booking a place on a press boat you will need to register your interest either through the host ports media accreditation system or in the media centre during the event.
Each host port will establish a media centre for the duration of their event and will manage a media accreditation system. The media centre is the place to obtain more information about the ships, event, sail training in general and to arrange to speak to the Race Chairman, Race Director, captains and trainees.
Rendez-Vous 2017 Tall Ships Regatta
Royal Greenwich, UK
Accreditation will grant you access to the event Media Centre at the Royal Arsenal in Woolwich, containing up to date event information, press officers on hand to arrange interviews and filming/photo opportunities, free wifi and refreshments; a chance to book a place on daily media boats; an electronic press pack; access to an online image gallery ahead of the event opening; a chance to book a place at the media launch event.
Due to the large numbers of interested media it is highly recommended to apply for accreditation ahead of the event.
You can find out all you need to know about getting involved with sail training by visiting our new website