The Falmouth-Royal Greenwich Regatta 2014
offers content for every type of media outlet – print, digital and
broadcast. From hard news and sports coverage, to human interest
features and colourful action spectacles.
- unique and spectacular video and photo opportunities
- opportunities to sail on a Tall Ship
- unusual interview and story opportunities
- a chance to follow race progress online via on board satellite tracking system ‘Yellow Brick’ and daily media reports
Video and photography resources
The magnificent Tall Ships fleet and popular
port events provide a never-ending stream of film and photographic
opportunities. If you are looking for a particular image before the
event call +44(0)23 9258 6367 or email
The media centres in each port can provide photo and video materials in different formats.
Media berths: get on board
Some Tall Ships in the fleet may be able to offer a
limited number of discounted berth spaces to accommodate media onboard
during the races and cruise in company.
Media berths give journalists a fantastic and
unrivalled opportunity to experience a Tall Ships Race first hand,
learn about daily life on board, get closer to the trainee human
interest stories and feed back reports as the race excitement unfolds.
To arrange a berth place contact:
Sally Titmus, Communications and Marketing
Office number: +44 (0)23 9258 6367
Mobile: +44 (0)7827 298 733
Stories and photo/film opportunities
- Follow the progress of trainees from a
range of nationalities and backgrounds, to see how the experience of
sail training changes people lives.
- Photo and filming opportunities at sea
aboard a press boat, during the Parade of Sail in each port and
for official race starts off Falmouth.
- Watch Tall Ship crews assemble in fancy dress and march in a colourful Crew Parade
- Photo opportunities with trainee representatives of all nationalities
- Interviews and photo opportunities with prize winners in both ports
- Join in a ‘press tour’ of the vessels to hear about their history and interview Captain’s
- Enjoy a behind the scenes Tall Ship tour of the ship galleys and living quarters
- Follow race leg progress online via the Yellow Brick satellite tracking system and twice daily media reports.
- Take part in a mast climb in ports - a
unique venue for radio interviews and unrivalled aerial views; or the
experience as a unique competition prize
- Interview local country representatives and the STI Race Director or Chairman
UK Association of Sail Training Organisations (ASTO)
There are limited opportunities for media representatives to be on board UK ASTO specific member vessels during the race and on the journey to join the start in Falmouth.
ASTO can also provide:
- a range of case studies of young people from around the country taking part in the Regatta for you to use on request.
- hi-res images of ASTO vessels and young people taking part in activities on board a
For more information about ASTO vessels taking part in the Falmouth to Royal Greenwich Tall Ships Regatta 2014, for hi-res images or to bid for a media berth on board one of the vessels taking part contact:
Julia Holt, Seagrass Communications
Office: +44 (0) 23 9252 0858 Mobile: +44 (0)788 444 7729
Heather Ewing, Seagrass Communications
Office: +44 (0) 23 9252 0858 Mobile: +44 (0)780 330 4595
Each host port will organise a limited number
of press boats to take photographers and film crews out to sea during
the Parade of Sail and for the race starts off Falmouth.
If you are interested in booking a place on a
press boat you will need to register your interest either through the
host ports media accreditation system or in the media centre during the
Each host port will establish a media centre
for the duration of their event and will manage a media accreditation
system. The media centre is the place to obtain more information about
the ships, event, sail training in general and to arrange to speak to
the Race Chairman, Race Director, captains and trainees.
Due to the large numbers of interested media it is highly recommended to apply for accreditation ahead of the event.