Sydney to Auckland
Tall Ships Regatta 2013
Organised by Sail Training International
The Sydney to Auckland Tall Ships Regatta 2013 offers content for every type of media outlet – print, digital and broadcast.
- Photo and filming opportunities
- Follow race progress online via on board satellite tracking system ‘Yellow Brick’ and daily media reports
- Climb a Tall Ship mast for unrivalled aerial views and unusual interview opportunities
- Watch Tall Ship crews assemble and march in a colourful Crew Parade along the waterfront
- Tour ships and interview Captain’s and international trainees
Media berths: get on board
Several Tall Ships in the fleet will offer a limited number of discounted berth spaces to accommodate media onboard during the race.
Media berths give journalists a fantastic and unrivalled opportunity to experience a Tall Ships Race first hand, learn about daily life on board, get closer to the trainee human interest stories and feed back reports as the race excitement unfolds.
To arrange a berth place contact:
Communications and Marketing Manager
Office number: +44 (0)23 9258 6367
Fax: +44 (0)23 9258 4661
Mobile: +44 (0)7827 298 733
A press boat will be available for vessel arrivals on Thursday 3 October. Availability is limited and will be managed through the accreditation process.
It is hoped that media places will be available aboard the start boat for the Parade of Sail and official Race Start on Thursday 10 October. TBC.
For further information visit http://www.tallshipfestival2013.com/home.html
Media accreditation is via http://www.pacific2013.com.au/media/accreditation-form.asp
or email email@example.com
Register to be a volunteer photographer at www.tallshipfestival2013.com/sydneyvolunteer
Greet the vessels
The media is invited to greet the ships arrival into Auckland Harbour at 1300, Friday 25 October.
The fleet will position outside Auckland in readiness for a grand entry into the harbor. The media have options to join the flotilla on the water:
- as they enter the harbour; the lead vessel will be Spirit of New Zealand (New Zealand), followed by the other vessels in line astern, or
- join a fast Navy rib to move around the fleet as the enter the harbor
Alternatively, watch from around the Waitemata Harbour as the vessels are guided into their berths at Queens and Princes Wharves by Maori Waka.
Join the Parade of Sail
Take part in the official farewell to the Tall Ship fleet, at Orakei Wharf. The Tall Ships will sail out of Auckland Harbour at approximately 13:00, Monday 28 October with a full Naval salute at Orakei Wharf.
For further information visit http://www.tallshipfestival2013.com/auckland.html
To register for media accreditation email
Cath Saunders firstname.lastname@example.org or John Lister email@example.com